- Research is key! Make sure you’ve done your research on important criteria:
Cost of Living
- Important to determine the affordability of housing, goods, healthcare, services, taxes, etc., and if it fits within your budget. Tracking your spending habits / expenses would be beneficial in coming up with a budget.
- The availability of jobs, salary, and job satisfaction may be reason for your move. Be sure that you’ve done your research on unemployment rates, your new salary, and future expenses on top of the cost of living in the area.
- Transportation is a critical aspect when relocating. Walkability, presence of bus or train stations, time in traffic, and nearby airports are some points to consider.
- It’s essential to know about the hospitals and clinics present in the area you’ll be moving to. Having hospitals and clinics in close proximity is a great advantage and convenience, where you can quickly go in case of health scares and emergencies. Further, there can be an increase in property values when living close to hospitals due to the work opportunities they create as well as the presence of better infrastructure surrounding it such as commercial establishments and transportation points.
- Utilities such as water supply (city or well water?), power supply (fossil fuel, solar, hydropower, or wind power?) garbage disposal and recycling services, stormwater management, and wastewater treatment are factors to be studied since the presence of these greatly contributes to your convenience and the pricing can affect the cost of living.
- Access to good schools and an ideal educational experience is essential when you have children. Some factors to consider are academic proficiency, equity, extracurricular activities, affordability for higher education, and availability of financial assistance.
- Living nearby a grocery store or a market definitely has its perks. You’ll be able to save money by preparing meals at home while having healthier food choices. Knowing where the nearest stores are help significantly on the first days of your move. In case you forget an important item, a quick run to the store solves your problem!
2. Consult with a local Realtor!
3. Schedule a tour!
Exploring your prospective community is an invaluable part of the relocation process. By doing so, you’ll be getting first-hand experience of what it’s like in that area, such as knowing more about the commute and getting its overall vibe. It’s important to observe if it’s really the right community for you!
If you’re looking to relocate to the Tri-Cities feel free to give us a call! Our experience, innovative marketing plan, and knowledge of the local market make us the “Trusted Real Estate Advisers” when it comes to selling or buying any real estate in the Tri-Cities, Washington area. We have relocation specialists who can go over all these options to see how you can best take advantage of the current market. You can also discover other helpful reads through our Ultimate Real Estate Guide!